A mixer grinder and wet grinder is designed in such a way that they can perform a variety function with ease. However, each type of appliance has its own advantages and disadvantages over one another. Here is everything you need to know about mixer grinder and wet grinder.
Table of Contents
A mixer grinder is a complicated machine, it can perform more than a dozen functions with ease. A mixer grinder is essentially a grinder and also a mixer and it can perform functions of both mixer and grinder. One of the best things about a mixer grinder is that it can perform functions like mixing, grinding, and blending of different food material with ease. A mixer grinder commonly comes wit two different jars, one jar is designed for wet processing and one jar for dry processing.
A wet grinder is a traditional appliance and it has been on the market for more than 10 years. The appliance comes designed in such a way that it can be used to grind food grains or other food materials to produce wet batter. A wet grinder can be used to prepare a semi-fluid or fluid batter with ease. Unlike the other types of grinders, this grinder comes with granite stones that are mounted in a bowl, this means the setup has granite mounted inside the bowl and a set of stones that are attached to the motor. Any one of these would rotate in such a way that the stones will crush the food materials between them.
Now you know what a mixer grinder and wet grinder is and we will now go deep into the advantages and disadvantages of mixer grinder and wet grinder.
Advantages of Mixer Grinder over a Wet Grinder
- A mixer grinder can perform more than a dozen function that a wet grinder cannot perform
- A mixer grinder can perform all the function of a wet grinder, but not the other way around
- A mixer grinder is a combination of two appliances, a mixer and a grinder
- A mixer grinder is comparatively smaller than a wet grinder
- One of the notable things about mixer grinder is that it is easy to handle and easy to clean.
- A mixer grinder will come with different attachments that can help the user prepare different batter and food with ease.
- A mixer grinder is designed in such a way that it can be mounted or installed on a table top or on a kitchen granite slab or tile with ease
Advantages of Wet Grinder over a Mixer Grinder
A wet grinder, in a way, is inferior to a mixer grinder when it comes to the features and function offered. But, a wet grinder on its own has different advantages over mixer grinder.
- A wet grinder is comparatively bigger than a mixer grinder and therefore it can grind more quantity of food materials than a mixer grinder can
- A wet grinder comes with the comparatively more powerful motor than can efficiently crush and grind any food with ease to prepare semi-fluid or fluid batter
- A wet grinder comes with granite stones incorporated into it, this makes the preparation of batter moreover natural. A wet grinder is close to the traditional grinding process and batter prepared in a wet grinder sometimes taste different from batter made with mixer grinder
- A wet grinder is comparatively cheaper than a mixer grinder, as it comes with less complicated working principle and system
Each and every advantage of wet grinder and mixer grinder over each other have been discussed above, but you should know that these appliances do not only have advantages, they have disadvantages also. Here is a list of disadvantages of mixer grinder and wet grinder in general.
Disadvantages of a Mixer Grinder and Wet Grinder
- A mixer grinder when it comes to grinding function is not as efficient as wet grinders
- A mixer grinder can perform several functions with ease, however, the efficiency of each function is not as efficient as the individual appliance itself
- A mixer grinder is expensive
- A wet grinder comes incorporated with granite stone, which makes the appliance heavy and the user cannot carry the appliance from one place to another
- A mixer grinder comes with different attachments, however, only a few attachments comes free of cost with the product, but other attachments like spiralizer, food processors are costly and the user will have to purchase them on their own.
Here is a summary of comparison
- Features – Mixer grinder is better than a wet grinder
- Portability – can vary with the users choice as both products are available on different capacity
- Power consumption – can depend on users choice, however, a mixer grinder consumes less power than a wet grinder of the same capacity
- Efficiency – a wet grinder is more efficient than mixer grinder in grinding function.
- Versatile – a mixer grinder is more versatile than a wet grinder.
Now, based on the facts mentioned above, you can decide for yourselves.