There is a special category of mixers available in the market and they are known as Stand Mixers. These mixers have a very sturdy base and a frame that acts as a housing for a powerful motor. They are somewhat similar to the stand mixture but the difference is that these mixers are a lot more stable than the hand mixers. You can place the bowl on the base and the mixer can take care of the rest of the things. The models made for residential purposes can be mounted on the kitchen countertop.
They come with several attachments that help you in getting several things done. You can use it for mixing, whisking and even making whipping creams. There are certain attachments that can help you in kneading the dough as well. If you are planning to purchase a stand mixer then you can go ahead and check out the advantages as well as disadvantages of these mixers. This will help you in understanding if you need to purchase these types of mixers. Let us move ahead and check out the details now.
Advantages of Stand Mixer
Here are some of the advantages of the stand mixers
- Used for Baking and Mixing – You can use the stand mixers to prepare the batter for baking dishes. You can even use them for kneading the dough and they are relatively easy to use. All you need to do is that you need to load the ingredients and you need to then switch on the mixer. The rest will be taken care of by the innovative mixing head.
- Quick and Easy to Use – These stand mixers are quick and easy to use. Instead of preparing the batter with the hand, you can rely on these mixers and this will really fasten the process for you. Imagine doing the same thing with the hands. We are sure that you will end up with exhausted and sore arms.
- Programmable – Some of these stand mixers are also programmable in nature. You can select the settings and you can also set the timer. You need to check this during the purchase if you have these settings available. Apart from this, the stand mixers are also having speed settings for you.
- Sturdy – These stand mixers are very sturdy and they are designed so as to take up long tasks. Because of this, you can run them for hours and you do not have to worry about the motor burning out. This is certainly an amazing advantage of using the stand mixers. Because of them, you get even more consistent batter.
- Very Stable – Because of the sturdy base, these stand mixers are very stable. Because of this, you do not have to worry about the batter falling off. They are quite easy to use and the stability ensures that you do not have to hold the bowl while using the stand mixer. You can leave it and it will complete the job assigned to it.
- Powerful – These stand mixers are also very powerful so you would not have to worry about the batter or the dough jamming the mechanism. The high torque motor used in the stand mixer does the job very well.
- Versatile – Another important thing about the stand mixer is that they are quite versatile. You can make different types of things using these stand mixers. High versatility makes them worth the price.
- Mess Free – The last advantage that we would like to talk about is that they do not leave a mess around. The bowls used in the stand mixer have a deep base which ensures that the flour doesn’t spread around while you are using it at high speed.
Disadvantages of Stand Mixers
In this section, we are going to talk about the disadvantages associated with the stand mixers.
- Expensive – One disadvantage of the stand mixers is that they are expensive. Because of this, people often end up buying hand mixers. The fact is that these stand mixers offer a higher utility and they have a better built quality because of which they are slightly more expensive.
- Not Easy to Clean – Another thing that we absolutely hate about these types of the mixer is that they are slightly difficult to clean. This is because of the shape of the heads that are used here. Some of the stand mixers come with dishwasher safe heads and you might want to invest in those stand mixers.
These were the advantages and disadvantages of stand mixers. We hope that you are able to judge the trade-off because of the information that we have shared with you. This was all for today and we will conclude by mentioning that the advantages of the stand mixers have a much greater magnitude when compared with the disadvantages.