A lot of people purchase wet grinders in their kitchen and they are quite useful in making western dishes. They make it easy to make a paste of ingredients that can be used to make Dosa or other such dishes. You can use the wet grinder to grind coconut, grams and many other things. These pastes are readily available in the market but there is something amazing about making these things at home. They are one best-selling grinder type in India and there are many popular brands that manufacture wet grinders. If you are planning to purchase wet grinders then you can go ahead and check out the pros and cons associated with the wet grinder.
Move on the next section and check out the advantages as well as disadvantages associated with the wet grinders.
Advantages of Wet Grinder
Here is a list of advantages that comes along with the wet grinders. Check them out now.
- Indian Dishes – Wet grinders can help you in making several Indian dishes. These grinders can help you with clean preparations of the ingredients. This is one of the major advantages because of which you must consider purchasing a wet grinder. You would not have to rely on purchasing expensive pre-mix from the market which can also be stale.
- Make it Easy – If you have to make a fine paste of anything then you can do it with the help of the wet grinder. It reduces the time that you would need to prepare the ingredients. Using the wet grinder is also very easy and you do not have to spend hours learning the process. With just a little practice, you can make the right mix and the right paste which will help you in cooking delicacies.
- Efficient – Another point that we would like to mention about the wet grinders is that they are efficient. Not in terms of energy consumption but in terms of the time that it would take to make the paste. Anything that reduces the time required to make the dishes is worth the purchase.
- Affordable – You do not have to spend a lot of money on wet grinders anymore. They are really affordable now so you would not have to worry about spending a lot of money. It uses granite for grinding the ingredients so you do not have to replace the blades either which makes it durable as well
- Uses Granite – One of the major drawbacks of a mixer grinder is that it uses a sharp blade and you need to be careful around them but the wet grinders use granite that doesn’t come with any such issues. They are a lot safer to use and that is the best advantage of the wet grinders.
- Easy to Maintain – We have talked about this early and the wet grinders are easy to maintain. You can clean them easily as you can simply remove the jar and wash it under running water. You can even use a dishwasher to wash the jar. You do not have to worry about changing the blades and the blades going blunt either.
- Powerful – These wet grinders are really powerful and this is yet another advantage of having them. You do not have to worry about using a mixer grinder with a blade to get the paste of the right consistency. The power of these wet grinders is enough to help you with your task.
Disadvantages of Wet Grinder
Let us now check out the disadvantages of the wet grinder so that you can judge the trade-offs of this appliance.
- Power Consumption – The electricity consumption is pretty high and you might not like it. There is a certain level of heat generated during regular usage but that is normal. Since the motor is used to rotate heavy jar, it also consumes a lot of power to function.
- Expensive Replacements – The replacement parts of the wet grinder can be expensive so you must always check about the warranty policies associated. Apart from this, you should also consider the cost of replacement vs the cost of a new wet grinder. The cost is up because of the powerful motor and the granite that is used.
This was all about the wet grinders and these things will help you in deciding if you need a wet grinder or not. Apart from this, you also need to understand your frequency of use before considering this purchase. You would agree with us that the advantages of wet grinder are much more than the disadvantages.